HAPPY NOVEMBER, NICHOLSON EAGLES!
THE PTO IS EXCITED TO ANNOUNCE OUR UPCOMING EVENTS!
NICHOLSON PTO PRESENTS - FAMILY PAINT NIGHT - A SIGN FUNDRAISER
On Friday, November 22nd, all students are invited to our first paint night from 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM.
Adults and children will paint wooden signs together. An adult must be present for a child to paint. Paint designs can be viewed by clicking on the link below.
ALL PAINT DESIGNS MUST BE PRE-ORDERED. TO ORDER YOUR DESIGN CLICK TO THE LINK BELOW.
JOIN US FOR OUR NEXT PTO MEETING IN JANUARY - COME BACK TO FIND THE DATE!
HELP US #CLEARTHELISTS!
Our teachers work hard to make Nicholson Elementary an amazing environment for our children to learn and grow. Many times, to achieve this, they pay out of pocket to provide items beyond the District 129 School Supply List. Thus, the #Clearthelists movement was born.
The Nicholson PTO has gathered Amazon Wish Lists from our teachers - giving you the opportunity to help create that wonderful classroom experience for your student and all students at Nicholson! Simply click on your teacher's link below! Please ship to the school's address at 649 North Main Street, Montgomery, Illinois, 60538. Thanks for your support!!
Kindergarten - Mrs. Reed
1st Grade - Mrs. Abbott
2nd Grade - Ms. Penney
3rd Grade - Mrs. Stanley
5th Grade - Mrs. Galles
Art - Mrs. Leek
Physical Education - Mr. Rocha
Stem - Mrs. Antczak
Psychologist - Mrs. Hornsby
We will continue to update our Wish Lists as teachers submit them! Don't see your teacher? Please let them know you'd love to support their classroom!
Thanks for helping us #Clearthelists!
SAVE THE DATE for our 2019-2020 Nicholson PTO Events!
- Friday, November 22nd - Family Paint Night
Together, we can make a difference!
Your PTO Board,
Missy Juarez, Lauren Shemansky, Vanessa Valadez & Candi Szczepanik
What is our mission?
Nicholson Elementary School PTO is dedicated to supporting the education of children at Nicholson Elementary School by fostering relationships among the school, parents and teachers.
Why does our school need a PTO?
Our primary objective as a PTO is to provide our students with programs, resources and services that will enrich and maximize the education of each child.
Why become a PTO Member?
- PTO revenue comes from membership dues and fundraising activities.
- Membership dues for the school year are $8.00 for the first member and $6.00 for each additional member.
- When you join the PTO your donation will help support the students and staff of Nicholson. Volunteer participation is NOT required. But it is greatly appreciated!
- Membership to the Nicholson PTO means that your family is supporting your school and the members that are volunteering their time.
- You are invited to attend any or all of the monthly meetings.
why come to a monthly meeting?
- Be the first to hear about important news and upcoming events for Nicholson!
- Connect with other parents.
- Make a difference in your school! Volunteer your time at school or at home.
- We want to hear YOUR ideas! Teamwork makes the dream work!
Where does the money go?
- The PTO provides grade-level assemblies during the year.
- The PTO provides money to each classroom supplies.
- Every child receives a book on their birthday or half birthday.
- Teacher appreciation events occur during the year to thank the teachers and staff for everything they do for the students of Nicholson Elementary School.
- In addition, the PTO fulfills Nicholson Wish List items that benefit all Nicholson students.
How can I be a part of the PTO when I work all day?
- There are many opportunities to help our children that can be part of one's everyday routine.
- The membership fee alone comprises nearly 10% of our yearly budget.
- You can clip the Box Tops for Education and send them to school with your child.
- Donate packaged foods and drinks for events or bake for Teacher Appreciation week and other events.
- Take a break from cooking and support Nicholson PTO and our local businesses through our Dining Out Program.
- You can make a difference!