About Nicholson PTO
What is our mission?
Nicholson Elementary School PTO is dedicated to supporting the education of children at Nicholson Elementary School by fostering relationships among the school, parents and teachers.
Why does our school need a PTO?
Our primary objective as a PTO is to provide our students with programs, resources and services that will enrich and maximize the education of each child.
Why become a PTO Member?
- PTO revenue comes from membership dues and fundraising activities.
- Membership dues for the school year are $8.00 for the first member and $6.00 for each additional member.
- When you join the PTO your donation will help support the students and staff of Nicholson. Volunteer participation is NOT required. But it is greatly appreciated!
- Membership to the Nicholson PTO means that your family is supporting your school and the members that are volunteering their time.
- You are invited to attend any or all of the monthly meetings.
why come to a monthly meeting?
- Be the first to hear about important news and upcoming events for Nicholson!
- Connect with other parents.
- Make a difference in your school! Volunteer your time at school or at home.
- We want to hear YOUR ideas! Teamwork makes the dream work!
Where does the money go?
- The PTO provides grade-level assemblies during the year.
- The PTO provides money to each classroom supplies.
- Every child receives a book on their birthday or half birthday.
- Teacher appreciation events occur during the year to thank the teachers and staff for everything they do for the students of Nicholson Elementary School.
- In addition, the PTO fulfills Nicholson Wish List items that benefit all Nicholson students.
How can I be a part of the PTO when I work all day?
- There are many opportunities to help our children that can be part of one's everyday routine.
- The membership fee alone comprises nearly 10% of our yearly budget.
- You can clip the Box Tops for Education and send them to school with your child.
- Donate packaged foods and drinks for events or bake for Teacher Appreciation week and other events.
- Take a break from cooking and support Nicholson PTO and our local businesses through our Dining Out Program.
- You can make a difference!
Volunteer - EVERY LITTLE BIT HELPS!
If we can get every Nicholson parent to commit to helping out, we can do amazing things for our kids and our school. Volunteering can be as much or as little as you would like. We are looking for people to Chair committees, volunteer your time at events or something as simple as cooking a dish for Teacher Appreciation events. We understand your time is valuable but so is your child's education.
TOGETHER, WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE AT OUR SCHOOL!